When modern soldiers are transported to ancient Rome, law enforcement officers fight inter-dimensional intruders, post-collapse humans scavenge for alien technologies, or heroic warriors and wizards battle monstrous evil, Forge Engine is there to quickly and seamlessly support your stories.
The Forge Engine universal RPG system puts full control of your character and your game into your hands. The system supports fantasy, sci-fi, historical, and modern settings, and delivers tactical play while remaining streamlined and fast.
The Forge Engine - Universal RPG System contains:
- Core Rules: Forge Engine core system rules cover character creation and development, and attribute tests and skills, adventuring, and combat.
- Player Content: Everything players need to create, develop, and run their characters: traits, general skills, martial skills, magic skills, and equipment.
- GM Support: Instruction for game mastering Forge Engine games, advice for creating custom Forge Engine content, and adversary templates.
Forge Engine has the following features:
- Opposed d10 dice pools with degrees of success
- Attribute and skill based system (classless)
- Give players freedom to build their own characters
- Increased power through larger dice pools
- Energy system gives players control of number and strength of characters’ actions
- Opposed rolls for combat to keep participants engaged
- Attribute tests against static difficulty numbers for simplicity
- Attacks and attribute tests resolve fails and degrees of successes
- Larger action pools give greater chance of multiple successes
- Larger defense pools increase chance of repelling or minimizing attacks
- Combat rolls combine attribute, skill, weapon, evasion, and armor in one step
- Energy expenditure system reflects fatigue from exertion
- Tactical combat system with meaningful decisions in critical situations
- Concurrent combat turns allow fluid and dynamic battles
- Variable energy economy gives players control of their characters’ actions
- Support for medieval fantasy, historical, modern, and sci-fi play
- Players: Forge Engine does one thing really well. Forge Engine gives you, the player, complete control of every aspect of your character and your character’s actions.
- Game Masters: Forge Engine allows you to use the same system and content for historical, fantasy, modern, and sci-fi campaigns, and even those that combine all four.
Forge Engine has undergone and extensive development and playtesting to ensure the game is as accessible and rewarding as possible. But don't just believe me, listen to the actual people:
"Its better than, say, GURPS. I would absolutely rather play FORGE than GURPS. Or HERO."
"This RPG has clearly been well thought out and whilst you might think 'who needs another RPG system?' I can assure you that you need this one!"
"Just finished my first readthrough AND I LOVE IT! I've been looking for a new system to fit a custom setting I've been working on and this looks like it could do what I want to do with it!"
"FORGE is like the D&D 4e of universal games. It has interesting mechanics I could really have fun playing with..."